Calling all Writers Who Want to Learn How to Publish a Book on Amazon!
Remember, the line in the Wizard of Oz at the end of the movie when the Good Witch Glinda says to Dorothy, “You’ve always had the Power Dear”. Well, when it comes to getting published, you haven’t always had the power, but thanks to Amazon you do now!
“Fact is that authors no longer need a publisher,” Bernard Starr wrote at The Huffington Post. “And more and more writers are awakening to the realization that if you are not a high-profile author who can command large sales, a traditional publisher will do little for you beyond editing and printing your book.”
I believe that first- time authors and those struggling to find a publisher should seriously consider self-publishing. It’s also important to know that self-publishing on Amazon does not close the door on traditional publishing. The fact is that agents and publishers are hand-picking successful self-published books for traditional publishing. Moreover, when they do they are usually rolling out the red carpet for those authors!
Have you ever heard of Amanda Hocking?
Amanda is a great example of what I call “getting in the back door” with traditional publishers!
Here’s her story:
Amanda Hocking spent years trying to get her book published and was rejected by many Literary Agents. Somebody told her about a writer that didn’t have a publisher and self-published online and was in the top 100 ebooks on Kindle; so she decided to give self-publishing a shot!
In April 2010, Amanda Hocking began self-publishing e-books. By March 2011, she had sold over a million copies of her nine books and earned two million dollars from sales, previously unheard of for self-published authors. In early 2011, Hocking averaged 9,000 book sales each day.
The story gets better…
In 2012, Amanda Hocking accepted a $2,000,000 Million Dollar offer from a traditional publisher (St. Martin’s Press) to publish four new novels.
When asked about her publishing deal with St. Martin’s Press, Amanda Hocking said in an interview:
“As for the timing, I was waiting for a point where I had enough of a name for myself that I could get leverage to do the kind of deal I wanted. What I mean by that is that I wanted to be “big enough,” I guess, that a publishing house would pull out all the stops and give my book all the promotion, packaging, and editing that writers dream of their books getting.”
Regardless of whether or not getting your book published by a traditional publisher is a goal, if you want to be a published author, the path of least resistance is to publish an ebook on Amazon!
I know there are a lot of “scared” writers out there, thinking that that is too “techy” for them, but if you have basic computer skills you can publish your book on Amazon quicker than you think!
Here are the steps you need to follow to get published:
- Open an account on Amazon’s KDP program: https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin
- Read through Amazon’s “Simplied Formatting Guide” so you understand how to format your book: https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/help?topicId=A17W8UM0MMSQX6
- Download your FREE copy of Amazon’s ebook “Building Your Book for Kindle” (NOTE: You can download to your computer if you don’t have a Kindle): http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007URVZJ6
- Enroll in KDP select: https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/KDPSelect
- Write your book in Word using the formatting guidelines. If you have a great idea for a book, but don’t want to write it, consider hiring a Ghostwriter. You can find one on www.elance.com
- Upload your book into your account and preview it to see how it looks.
- Make sure you use the proper keywords when titling your book so that people who are searching for your topic can find you.
- Write a persuasive book description that captures the readers attention.
- Pay attention to the first 10% of your book because Amazon will use that in the “free” preview feature and that can help you get more sales!
- Create an Author Profile Page through Author Central on Amazon: https://authorcentral.amazon.com/gp/help
- Once your book goes live, you must start marketing it;
- Get your book on the Best Seller’s list and Amazon will start marketing it for you!
Many people want to know “how” to get to the Best Seller’s list as well as how to research keywords, how to spy on your competition, how to get Amazon to market your book, how to get a professional cover done with keywords for $5, how to price your book, and more…
If you want to learn how to “stack the cards in your favor” and get to the Amazon Best Seller’s list so you can elevate your credibility, get more respect in your industry, make more money, attract more joint venture partners, gain more attention from the Press, and enjoy more Success…sign up now for my 6 free case studies by for my Amazon Best Seller’s Author program by clicking here!