How to Make Extra Money Online is Easy Once You Understand Some of the Basics!
So first, let’s talk about the skill set that is required to make money online before we get into the different ways to make money online.
- Typing Skills — Yes, it helps to have typing skills because making money online involves a lot of typing. If you are sitting at your computer pecking at the keyboard, that is going to slow you down.
- Computer Skills — I’m amazed at how many people want to make money online, but don’t have basic computer skills or sometimes they don’t even have a computer! Now doesn’t that sound silly! “I want to make money online, but I’m not very good with computers”? You must have a good understanding of computers and programs like Word especially.
- Writing Skills — I understand that not everyone is a writer, but to make money online, requires a lot of writing. Writing sales pages, writing email messages, writing blog posts, etc. If you aren’t a writer or you don’t like writing, you probably won’t be very successful in making money online. However, you can always outsource the writing like many online business owners do.
- Marketing/Sales Skills — If you don’t like sales, or you’re shy and don’t like attention, you probably won’t like running an online business. Marketing and sales skills are required to run an online business. You are constantly marketing and selling your products and/or services.
- Website Design Skills — You don’t have to have website design skills, but it helps tremendously! I didn’t have these skills for years of running my online business….so I paid people to do that for me. In 2011 I took a 6-week training course and learned WordPress and now I design websites for clients and do all of my own websites as well.
There you have it — the basic skill set required to run an online business. I’m sure you’ll agree that it’s not for everyone! I absolutely have and love all of the skills required to run an online business and that contributes to my success! I don’t want to discourage you, but I want to be completely honest with you.
If you are missing some of the basics, then I recommend learning them or outsourcing to others. Just know, that you will need cash flow to pay others to help you with the skills that you are lacking in.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the ways you can make extra money online:
- Start a Blog and make money through Affiliate Marketing! Many people don’t want to create products or sell services, so they simply start a blog about their passion, and then make money by promoting related products and services through affiliates. For example, I wrote a blog post titled “Marie Forleo B School Reviews” to promote Marie Forleo’s “Business School” (B School) and when someone clicked on my affiliate link in the blog post and signed up, I made $999 for every sign up! Pretty awesome, huh! *If you want to understand Affiliate Marketing better, here’s a post I wrote, “How to make money with Affiliate Marketing“.
- Start a Blog and sell Information Products! The most searched for item on the Internet isn’t a tangible thing…it’s actually “information.” People are willing to pay money for information! I sell lots of Information Products on my website like my online courses, “How to Make Your First $1000 Online” or “How to Become a Amazon Best Selling Author”. These information products bring me income each and every month! Do the work once, get paid over and over!
- Start a Blog and sell your Services! I’m all about creating multiple streams of income. That’s why I became a website designer so I could offer this service to others. I am also a writer, so I often sell my copy writing services to online business owners. I wrote a short sales page for a client just the other day and made an extra $500! What are you good at that you can offer to the public? Writing, Editing, Website Design, Graphics, Ad Copy, Excel Spreadsheets. You can also offer your services on www.elance.com!
- Start a Niche’ Site and Make Money with Google Ad Sense – I haven’t made money with Google Ad Sense myself, but I think it’s a great way to earn passive income. Here is an example of what I’m talking about: http://www.securityguardtraininghq.com/ Notice at the top of the page where it says “Ad Choices”? Those are ads put up by Google and when someone clicks on those the owner of the website makes money! Also, he sells ad space to companies like DeerPark Water. It’s a great website because it has resources for becoming a security guard so it gets lot of traffic.
What do all of the 4 examples of how to make extra money online have in common?
They all involve starting a blog/website!
That is where I can help you…
Here are some resources on how you can get started making extra money online:
- I can build, design and write your website for you. You can see all of my website design services and prices by going to www.6figurewebsites.com
- You can sign up for my online course, “How to Make Your First $1000 Online“…the group course is starting soon!
- You can get started for FREE and I will help you get your blog up and running. Click here to see the details!
I hope you enjoyed learning how to make extra money online! Don’t procrastinate any longer because you are losing money every day you don’t have your own blog or website!