How to Get Clients Now
No matter what type of business you’re in, learning how to get clients is the foundation of any business. Without clients, you have no business.
In this article, I am going to teach you exactly how to get your first 3 high-end clients.
Many of my clients complain about the same problem regardless of their niche and that problem is how to get clients for their programs.
In my early years of running my 6-Figure Woman website (2004), I sold $197 online courses. It was a good way to get started online and get experience, but after a while I was always in “chasing new clients” mode and believe me that’s not a fun place to be.
After a few years, I added “services” to my offerings and was doing website design, copywriting, sales copy, etc. That was great experience as well, however, after a few years of doing service work and mastering those skills I wanted to start coaching and mentoring others. Also, if you want to earn high 6-figures to 7-figures, you cannot scale a “service-based” business like that because of the high amount of labor intensive work that goes into those services.
In 2013, I began my Amazon Bestseller program which is now a hybrid done for you and coaching program The Amazon Bestseller program is an important part of my business because it’s a noisy world out there and in order to elevate yourself, your business and your brand then you absolutely must stand out. Being a bestselling author holds a ton of clout and credibility in the world of business; probably because 80% of people say they want to write a book, however, less than 10% of people ever do. So writing a book and having it become a #1 bestseller is a huge achievement. In my program, I work with my clients on launching their book to the #1 spot on the bestsellers list while coaching them on how to leverage that book to build a successful 6-figure business.
To date, I’ve helped over 3 dozen authors become #1 bestselling authors! If you are a coach, consultant, speaker or business owner, it’s important to have a bestselling book as one of your lead attraction tools.
In addition to my Amazon Bestsellers program, I work with 12 clients per year in my private mastermind group — the Rising Star Mentorship program. This unique program combines virtual live coaching and mentoring for entrepreneurs who are ready to take their business to the next level in an accelerated amount of time. I work with my clients closely on building a 6 figure business around a #1 bestselling book selling high end programs and products.
This business model I’m about to teach you can work for coaches, consultants, entrepreneurs, speakers and experts if you structure it correctly (which I’ll explain soon).
What I’ve learned in over 10 years of running an online business, is:
- The more you charge, the higher quality clients you attract;
- The more you charge and the more private mentoring you do with your clients, the better results they will have;
- Information isn’t the problem, implementation is. Clients need help navigating and implementing all the information available to them.
- Transformation is what people are looking for;
- People want results more than anything and they are willing to pay for it;
- People want engagement, support, accountability and a coach to help them;
- People want to work with a caring coach who gets results and is at the level they want to be at;
So let me give you an example, of how to take a business that is doing under six figures and using this business model, transform it to a six figure business.
Let’s say you are a nutritionist and you offer a few services:
- A month of Meal Planning for $297
- An online course on nutrition and health for $197
- An ebook for $9.99
In order to make 6 figures you would have to sell a whole lot of meal plans, online courses and ebooks. I’m not saying this business model is wrong, I’m just saying if you desire to make 6 figures and work closely with people, you can package up your services into a high end coaching program and help less people while making more money.
So the new business model would look like this:
- Coaching Level 1: $497 per month which includes 12 monthly meal plans, access to the training site with resources and the online course, the ebook, and 2x per month group coaching.
- Coaching Level 2: $997 per month would include the above, but you would add 4x per month group coaching.
- Coaching Level 3: $1497 per month would include the above, plus a VIP weekend cooking nutritious food as well as one 1:1 coaching call per month.
With this business model, they are getting all the benefits of the ala carte programs and personal coaching to give them accountability, action steps, and results!
So how many clients would you need with this business model to hit 6 figures? About 10-12+ depending on which level they signed up at.
I understand not everyone wants to “coach” others so it isn’t a business model for everyone. Most people want “passive income”, but I’m not sure that really exists to be quite honest with you. Anything you are doing or selling requires work on your end. It’s called sales and marketing as well as the technical aspect of websites, autoresponders, running Facebook ads, etc.
If you have experience and an expertise with products and programs you’ve been selling, then you are a great candidate for this type of business model.
If you want to learn how to get clients to sign up for your programs, then you’ll need to learn about “Sales Conversations“. Sales conversations (whether on the phone or on Skype) are the best method for signing up potential clients into high end programs.
Sure, you could pay a copywriter to write a beautiful sales page and try to sell from there, but my experience is that anything over $2000 is very difficult to sell from a sales page. High end programs over $2000 require a sales conversation for many reasons, but the biggest reason is to get to know the potential client and see if they are a good fit for your program. You want to be selective putting people in your high end clients so everyone has a good experience and your client gets the best results.
I’m fortunate because after being in the legal field for 17 years, my next career after that was outside sales. That is where I learned sales and marketing and started making a six figure income. I did that for 10 years and it’s now a part of what I teach my clients.
How to get clients for your high paid coaching programs:
- Create a sales page for your program and name it;
- Rather than giving a way a free ebook, I recommend doing a automated webinar about your topic that plays 24/7. This will be like having a sales person working for you 24/7.
- Create a landing page for people to sign up for your free webinar “How to …” or “3 Steps to …” or “6 Biggest Mistakes People Make when…”.
- Run Facebook ads to the landing page. A percentage of those visitors will sign up for your free webinar.
- The only thing you are selling on the webinar is a personal consultation also known as a strategy session with you.
- Use Gravity Forms to create the strategy session application and use a scheduling software like schedule once to automate the appointments.
- Talk to potential clients about their problems and how you can help them solve it with your program.
- Create a special offer if they make a decision in 24/48 hours
- Sign up your first 3 clients!
Using this method for my Amazon Bestseller program last year helped me double my income and I’m on track to double my income this year as well.
Learning how to get clients doesn’t have to be complicated. The key to success is this:
- 50% is showing up
- 40% is having a system
- 10% is a dog fight
Most people don’t have a system and that’s where they go wrong. If you create an automated system that brings you leads constantly, then you will quickly fill up your coaching program.
The great thing is you get to decide how many clients you want to work with, what clients you want to work with and how much you want to charge.
If you’d like to book a call with me to talk about having a #1 bestselling book and/or building a 6-figure business around that book, then click here to apply now! I’d love to speak with you.