How to become an Amazon #1 Best Selling Author in the shortest amount of time…
For 17 years I worked as a paralegal and legal secretary in litigation. One of my jobs was drafting pleadings for lawsuits. In other words, “building a case“. I loved this part of my job because it was really about doing research and putting all the evidence together that would win a case for our clients.
Well, that’s exactly what I did when it came to learning how to become a #1 Amazon Best Selling Author!
I did a year of research, gathered my findings and created a step-by-step strategy, published a book using my research, and subsequently got my book to the #1 Amazon Best Sellers list on October 23, 2012 with 2,128 downloads in 1 day!
Since then, I’ve been fine-tuning and perfecting my system every day! I now work with a select group of authors in my Amazon Best Sellers program getting their books to the #1 Best Sellers list and coaching them on how to leverage their best selling book. *You can apply for a strategy session with me by clicking here if you’d like to speak with me about getting your book on the #1 Amazon Best Sellers list!
The first thing you need to understand is that the Amazon Best Sellers lists are updated hourly. So your books ranking can change based on the updates.
The #1 Reason Why Your Book Isn’t Selling Is Because You Are INVISIBLE To Amazon!
That’s right. When I published my first book on Amazon back in 2011, (not knowing anything about what I know now)…a year later I had zero sales! Then I did my research, created a strategy/system, published a new book, and got on 3 bestsellers lists and became an International Best Selling author!
The most important thing I want you to understand is that there are approximately 2.5 million eBook on Amazon (US) and that when you publish a book you are lost in the crowd.
Amazon only sees you when…you get on the Best Sellers list!
This is why it’s so important to launch your book the right way; so you can get on Amazon’s radar and have Amazon (who is a major marketing machine) start promoting your book — for FREE!
Talk is cheap as they say, so let me show you a case study of a client whose book we launched on Amazon on June 9 and 10th 2015. Prior to this she had no downloads of her book.
My client is Suzanne O’Brien, RN, of www.suzannebobrien.com who wanted a #1 Amazon Best Selling book to increase her expertise status, and credibility, drive leads to her website, increase attendance at her workshops and make sales from her additional training programs. Additionally she wanted more media attention and of course income from her book on Amazon.
- Suzanne’s book, “Creating Positive Passings” had 721 downloads in 2 days.
- Her book was #1 on the Best Sellers list in Death and Grief;
- Her book was #1 on the Best Sellers list in Medical Reference;
- Her book was #4 in ALL of the Reference books on the Best Sellers list;
- She became an International best selling author when she hit these 2 bestsellers lists:
- Amazon Canada: #82 in all ebooks
- Amazon UK #41 in Education and Reference.
- Only 2 days after the BIG 2-day launch that we did, her book hit the PAID bestsellers lists at #1 in Medical Reference;
- Her book also hit #11 on the PAID Best Sellers list in Death and Grief;and a third bestsellers list, #97 in ALL of the Reference books on Amazon!
- Then Amazon started promoting her book on the “Hot New Releases” list!
- Amazon also started running paid ads on Facebook for her book on the same day.
Amazon rewards hard work and good behavior!
If you’re serious about your book, then it’s imperative that you get your book on the best sellers list because then…and only then…will Amazon start promoting your book to it’s millions of visitors!
Here are 2 screenshots of how Amazon started promoting Suzanne’s book within 24 hours of getting on the best sellers list:
On the third day, they actually “tagged” her book a “#1 New Release” as evidenced by the screenshot below:
If you want to get a book to #1 on Amazon, then you must have a solid foundation to build on which include:
- A Curiosity-Building 1-3 word title;
- A Benefit-Rich sub-title;
- A cover that reflects the subject matter;
- A great book description with the right keywords;
- A great “preview” section of your book that does the “selling” of your book in a non-salesy way!
- Selecting the right categories and keywords when publishing
- A well written and professionally edited book;
- Great reviews;
- A Strategy!
Getting a book to the #1 Amazon Best Sellers list doesn’t have to take months or years; there are short-cuts. I know first-hand because I spent a year of my life figuring out the Amazon Algorithms and what it takes to make a best selling book and then take that book and get it on to the #1 Amazon Best Sellers list.
I’d love to speak with you about your book! *You can apply for a strategy session with me by clicking here and we can talk about getting your book on the #1 Amazon Best Sellers list!