How to Self Publish a Book and Be Successful
Would you like to know how to self publish a book so you can achieve greater success? Then you need to understand the right way to self publish a book.
In 2007, Amazon leveled the playing field and removed the huge barrier to entry (publishing companies who were the gatekeepers to your writing dreams) and introduced Amazon KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) which meant just about anyone could publish a book.
The problem now, however, is that most people don’t have the skills or expertise in self-publishing a book on their own. If you go on Amazon, you will see hundreds and thousands of unprofessional, amateur type books (especially ebooks) that don’t ever sell one copy.
There’s a right way to self publish a book and the wrong way.
Let me start out with the wrong way to self publish a book (which is what the majority of people do).
How to Self Publish a Book the Wrong Way:
- Publish a book without using a professional editor;
- Use a very amateur-looking cover;
- Bad title/sub-title and usually no “hook to the book”;
- Not understanding how to pick the right categories (there are over 10,000 just for ebooks!);
- Not understanding how to pick the right 7 keywords;
- Not understanding how to write a book description that sells the book;
- Wasting the preview section of the book with bad copy;
- Not using the opportunity in the book to build an email list by offering free downloads;
- Not pricing it properly;
- Not understanding the KDP Select program;
- No Author Central Page
- Not understanding book launch strategies
- Not becoming a bestseller
How to Self Publish a Book the Right Way:
- Setting Up your Author Central Page so people engage with you;
- Getting A Professional Book Cover Made;
- Having a Great Title/Sub-Title with a Hook;
- Professional Editing and Formatting of the Book;
- 8-Step Introduction that “sells” the book in the Preview Section;
- Selecting the Right 7 Keywords;
- Setting Up Your Book On Amazon KDP and using KDP Select;
- Selecting The Right Categories;
- Setting The Right Price;
- Using the Promotion Tools to become a #1 bestselling author;
- Getting Reviews During A “Soft Launch”;
- Offering a FREE Gift to Build Your Email List;
- Autoresponders to Build the Relationship and turn subscribers into clients;
- Building a 6 or 7 figure profit path around the bestselling book;
Don’t expect to publish a mediocre book on Amazon and have long-term success with it. The market decides whether your book will become and stay a bestseller.
The way to be successful is to invest your time in learning the right way to self publish by doing it yourself or the alternative is to pay an expert who has years of experiencing publishing and marketing books. Many authors just want to “write books” and don’t want to learn about sales and marketing. If you are one of those authors then I suggest you work with an expert on the sales and marketing part.
Over the past 3 years, I’ve helped over 3 dozen authors become #1 bestselling authors. I’ve also launched all 6 of my current books on Amazon as #1 bestselling books.
I would love to help you make your dreams come true!
If you have the time, the technology skills and the patience, and you want to do it yourself, then I highly recommend you pick up a copy of my book, Bestseller in 30 Days, because it is the exact proven system I use with all of my private clients.
If you want to be considered for my done for you Amazon Bestseller program, then set up a time to do a strategy session and let’s talk about it! Click here to talk to me about your book.
Never give up on your dreams! You’re worth it!