*We covered Part 1, The Bestseller Book Pre-Launch here.
**We covered, Part 2, The Bestseller Book Launch here.
As I have repeatedly said throughout my blog posts on this topic…until you get your book on the Amazon Bestsellers list, you are invisible to Amazon.
How do I know that? I published a book in 2011 and a year later I had zero sales.
After I figured out the Amazon Algorithm, I launched another book in 2012 and had 2,128 downloads in 1 day! I was on several bestsellers list and Amazon started promoting my book on other lists such as:
- Top Rated list;
- Movers and Shakers list;
- Most Wished for list;
- Recommendations list;
- New for You list;
- Hot New Releases list;
- Frequently Bought Together list;
- Customers Who Bought This Item, Also Bought this…list;
- Best Sellers of 2015 list;
- AND MORE!
Also, please note that the bestsellers lists on Amazon, are the most searched lists on Amazon. So you want your book on them! *Note: There are over 11,000 bestsellers lists. I reviewed this in parts 1 and 2 of this 3 part blog series.
Launching a book to the bestsellers list is not a “one and done” event. There are things you need to do to continually market your book.
In my training site for my Amazon Bestseller clients, I have a document called “Top 10 Things to Do After You Become an Amazon Bestselling Author”. Success is achieved to those who can get the word out about their book.
Although I can’t go over all 10 of those strategies in this blog post, I will share with you 3 of my top recommendations.
Top 3 things you need to do after your book is on the bestsellers list:
- Radio Interviews: I have a client, Nancy Hartwell, 70 years old, not tech-savvy, never published a book on Amazon and we did a book launch for her book, “Harem Slave” in the spring of 2013. We launched the book to the #1 spot on Amazon and got on several bestsellers lists. Since then, her book has remained in the top 3 spots on the Amazon Bestsellers lists for her category! She has done over 324 radio interviews and her book continues to earn her over $2,300 per month! She actually was able to move to Florida because of this and her royalty income pays her mortgage. I interviewed Nancy on the details of the radio shows she has done (all FREE) and how they have helped her keep her book on the bestsellers list. If you want to access that interview, you can sign up here for all the details.
- Blog About Your Topic & Link to your Book: If you don’t have a website with a blog on it, you are really missing out! Blogging about your topic also increases your exposure and elevates you to expert status. You can blog whether you have a fiction or a non-fiction book. Just make sure at the end of your blog post you put a nice link and a reason for them to go purchase your book! Start blogging 250-400 word articles 1-2 x per month about your topic! Also, consider guest blogging on other websites so you can get even more exposure to your book. **Make sure you have a sign up form for a FREE gift on your website so you can build a subscriber list to “drip market” to and communicate with. This is key!
- Submit your book to be promoted by Book Bub: The Subscriber lists for Book Bub are in the millions! Everyone in the book business knows who Book Bub is. Here is a description from their website: BookBub is the leading service for publishers and authors looking to reach new readers through limited-time ebook deals. We feature free and deeply discounted ebook deals in a daily targeted email and on our website, reaching millions of readers every day. Because BookBub’s content is curated, our partners can be confident they’re reaching engaged readers. BookBub members choose the genres they want to receive, and our team of editorial experts hand-selects each book we feature from our pool of submissions. Ensuring that our members only receive top-quality content in categories they like keeps members coming back to BookBub again and again to discover new books and authors. Featuring your promotion with BookBub can help drive sales for backlist titles, boost a book up the bestseller lists, or introduce our audience of passionate power readers to their next favorite series. Here’s the actual numbers of subscribers they have on various lists: https://www.bookbub.com/partners/pricing *You can see the pricing on that page as well.Here are some links for you:
- https://bookbub.desk.com/?b_id=4259 (FAQ’s)
Many successful authors have promotions going for their books at all times. Not all at once, but if they have several books…then they often have 1 or 2 promotions going. Their service to promote books is not FREE, but because of the millions of subscribers they can reach on your behalf…I think it is worth the investment (if you have a great book of course!)
Those are my top 3 things to do after you successfully launch your book. If you’d like to speak with me directly about your book, you can sign up for a FREE strategy session with me by clicking here.