Want to Discover How to Become a Bestselling Author on Amazon Kindle?
Great! You’re in the right place.
To date I’ve helped over 36 authors get their books to the top of the Amazon Bestsellers list (most of them to the #1 spot) and I’ve published 5 of my own books which I launched to the #1 spot on the Amazon bestsellers list. In fact, I’m publishing a book a month now!
Before we get started, however, I would like to explain why as an author you NEED to get your book on the Amazon bestsellers list:
- The bestsellers lists are the “most searched” lists on Amazon; by having your book on a bestsellers list you won’t be invisible any longer and potential readers can actually find your book.
- Amazon rewards you once you get your book to the bestsellers list by promoting your book in a variety of ways including (but not limited to) paid Facebook ads, Google PPC ads, as well as other sought out lists on Amazon that they market such as “Hot New Releases” list and “Recommendations” list and “New For You” list to name a few. In other words, Amazon will start to market your book for you.
- When you can use the title “Bestselling Author” new doors will open up for you! I’ve had it happen to dozens of my clients and it can happen for you once you make this achievement.
Let’s face it, in the world of books – Amazon is King! They are the 600-pound Gorilla in the book publishing marketplace.
Amazon is the world’s largest bookstore – and making it on the Amazon Bestsellers list, means making it BIG in life!
Becoming an Amazon Bestselling author can mean:
- New Media Interviews
- New Subscribers to Your Email List
- New Clients
- New Speaking Engagements
- New Royalty Checks
- New Income from Back-End Sales
- A New Level of Credibility and Expertise in Your Niche’
The “One Thing” that CAN change your business…
I just finished reading Gary Keller’s #1 bestselling book, “The One Thing” and it is truly amazing! Gary Keller is the Chairman of the Board and Co-Founder of Keller Williams Realty, Inc., which holds the #1 position as the largest real estate company in the world!
“The one that we decided on was that I would write a book on how to become an elite performer in our industry. It worked! Eight years later that one book had not only become a national bestseller, but also had morphed into a series of books with total sales of over a million copies. In an industry of about a million people, one thing changed our image forever.”
- The Pre-Launch
- The Launch
- The Post-Launch
If you think of these as separate events, then you will have much more success.
Here is what we work on during phase 1, the “Pre Launch”:
- Setting Up the Author Central Page
- Getting A Professional Book Cover Made
- Professional Editing and Formatting of the Book
- 8-Step Introduction that “sells” the book in the Preview Section
- Selecting the Right Keywords
- Setting Up Your Book On Amazon KDP
- Selecting The Right Categories
- Setting The Right Price
- Getting Reviews During A “Soft Launch”
- Offering a FREE Gift to Build Your Email List
Think of it as setting up the “foundation” to have a great book launch. If you skip any of these steps, then you will have less than stellar results on your book launch.
How to Become a Bestselling Author
Phase 2 is the Book Launch and what I tell my authors and clients is “We aren’t going to launch this alone, we are going to get an ARMY of virtual promoters to work with us during our launch.”
In order to get your book to the bestsellers list on Amazon, you need a high volume of downloads/sales in a short period of time. I have a few different strategies that I use with my clients based on their goals with the book.
The steps you need to take in launching your book are as follows:
- Do a 2-5 day launch of your book using Amazon’s promotional tools;
- Submit your promotion dates to 25-50 promotional websites and Facebook Pages;
- Broadcast to your list (if you have one);
- Post to your social media (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin etc.) hourly. Use hashtags on Twitter like #free #kindlepromotion etc.
- Personally thank everyone who shares, reviews, buys, or supports your book in ANY way.
- Ask other people with large email lists or followings to help promote your book during your book launch.
- Check your rankings on Amazon and take screen shots! If you do a “massive launch” and have hundreds and thousands of downloads in a 1-2 day period, then you should get to the TOP of the Amazon Bestsellers list!
- You may also be on bestseller lists that Amazon doesn’t show on your book page so check international lists and other lists as well;