Amanda Hocking Self Publishing Success!
Do you know who Amanda Hocking is? Well, if you’ve ever had any interest in making money online self-publishing ebooks on Amazon, then you should learn who Amanda Hocking is. Hint: She makes 7-figures online selling her Paranormal ebooks on Amazon…and the great part is…she’s only 27 years old!
In April 2010, Amanda Hocking began self-publishing e-books. By March 2011, she had sold over a million copies of her nine books and earned two million dollars from sales, previously unheard of for self-published authors. In early 2011, Hocking averaged 9,000 book sales each day.
Here’s a Summary of Amanda’s Amazing “Self-Publishing” Journey:
- Amanda Hocking wrote her first novel when she was 17, right after graduating high school; she assumed that once she wrote a book she would instantly be rich and famous!
- Amanda Hocking spent the next few years researching the publishing world and how to get her book published;
- She went to college, but dropped out twice because the only classes she liked were Writing and English;
- Friends and family kept telling her she had a “natural talent” and that she didn’t need a degree; after a while she finally believed them.
- Amanda Hocking spent years trying to get her book published and was rejected by many Literary Agents;
- In 2008, she made the decision and commitment that she was going to get published no matter what!
- She wrote her first Vampire Novel after seeing 700 vampire books in Walmart; it only took her 15 days to write it.
- Then she decided there were too many vampire books out there, so she started writing “Paranormal Romance”;
- Somebody told her about a writer that didn’t have a publisher and self-published online and was in the top 100 ebooks on Kindle; so she decided to give self-publishing a shot!
- The whole time Amanda was writing and trying to get published she held down a full time job working with people with disabilities;
- In 2010 she published her first book to Kindle which was “My Blood Approves”; then a week or so later she published a second book in the series called “Fate”.
- She sold 45 books in 2 weeks on Kindle;
- She published another book, “Flutter” 2 months later and sold 38 copies in one day!
- In May 2010 she sold 624 books and made $362!
- Then she discovered “BOOK BLOGGERS” — People who read books and blog about them in reviews. Amanda had no idea these people existed and in her words they are “heroes!”
- She asked several ‘BOOK BLOGGERS” to read and review her books and that’s when the Magic started happening!
- In June 2010 she sold 4,258 copies of her books and made $3,180!
- In July 2010 she turned 26 years old!
- In her birthday month she sold 3,532 books and made $6527!
- By August, she had sold 10,000 copies of her books and was getting inquiries from agents and publishers;
- One of her books made it to #25 in the Amazon Best Seller’s Paid List! In one 24-hour period Amanda made $1200…more than she made in an entire month at her day job (which she did end up leaving).
- Within a short period of time, Amanda had 9 self-published books and was selling 100,000 copies of those ebooks per month via Amazon’s Kindle!
- In January 2011, it was reported by USA Today that her sales had exceeded $450,000 for the month!
- Amanda Hocking accepted a $2,000,000 Million Dollar offer from a traditional publisher (St. Martin’s Press) to publish four new novels.
When asked about her publishing deal with St. Martin’s Press, Amanda Hocking said in an interview:
“As for the timing, I was waiting for a point where I had enough of a name for myself that I could get leverage to do the kind of deal I wanted. What I mean by that is that I wanted to be “big enough,” I guess, that a publishing house would pull out all the stops and give my book all the promotion, packaging, and editing that writers dream of their books getting.”
If you want to learn how to “stack the cards in your favor” like Amanda Hocking did, get to the Amazon Best Seller’s list so you can elevate your credibility, get more respect in your industry, make more money, attract more joint venture partners, gain more attention from the Press, and enjoy more Success…then sign up now for my 6 free case studies by for my Amazon Best Seller’s Author program by clicking here!
Amanda’s blog: http://amandahocking.blogspot.com/